According to the Ministry of Finance (MoF), the 2023 eMADANI programme, which will support up to 10 million Malaysians, has received RM1 billion from the government. The ministry said in a statement that the Malaysians eligible for this programme will receive a one-time RM100 e-cash credit. Malaysians over the age of 21 may start expecting the cash incentive starting from the 4th of December 2023 to the 20th of February 2024.
The eMadani Programme
To foster a cashless payment culture, Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim stated that the government believed the eMADANI initiative would financially aid the receivers. Therefore, this aligns with their aim to help lessen the burden of Malaysians during school breaks as the year is coming to an end.
eMadani Cash Credit
Image via Fintech News Malaysia
Eligible Malaysians may start applying for this incentive on 4th December 2023, to 20th February 2024. The eMADANI registration and claims will be accepted via the e-wallet service providers of their choice. The application can be made through:
- Touch ‘n Go
Applicants who meet the eMADANI qualifications and have gone through the eKYC verification process will receive RM100 ‘one-off’ into their selected e-wallet. The transaction process will take around 24 hours to 5 days from the date of application.
They may start spending the money within an appointed period: 4 December 2023 to 29 February 2024.
The Implementation Takes Place Next Week
Image via New Straits Times
The implementation of the eMadani programme beginning next Monday is in line with the government’s commitment to expedite the execution of measures to support the national digital economy agenda and provide assistance directly to the people.Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, Malaysia’s Finance Minister
The e-wallet service providers will give extra incentives in the form of coupons, cashback, discounts, or reward points. In addition to the government’s RM100 e-cash credit, these incentives may only be spent physically.
Criteria Eligible For The Programme
Image via Hong Leong Bank
Here are the criteria of eligible receivers for eMadani Programme 2023:
- A Malaysian citizen who is over 21 years old; and
- A Sumbangan Tunai Ramah (STR) receiver based on the November 7 record; or
- Receives an annual income of RM100, 000 and below based on Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri Malaysia’s (LHDNM) July 15 record
Users may verify their status via their preferred e-wallet services. Look at the step-by-step guide below:
- Step 1: Install the e-wallet service of choice via Apple AppStore, Google PlayStore, or Huawei AppGallery
- Step 2: Follow the instructions provided by the e-wallet service
- Step 3: The e-wallet service will verify your identification status with Know-Your-Customer (eKYC)
- Step 4: Fill in the details required as listed in the eMadani website and click ‘Hantar’
- Step 5: Eligible applicants will be notified
If you have any inquiries, do visit eMadani’s website for their FAQs.
Now that you have received an extra RM100, be sure to spend them wisely!