The next general election which is the 15th general election in Malaysia will take place in the year 2023.
To be eligible to vote, individuals will have to register as a voter with the Election Commission or Suruhanjaya Pilihan Raya Malaysia (SPR). Instead of going to the post office or the SPR branches, you can now register as a voter online and here’s how.
Online registration as a voter in Malaysia
To register online, go to the MySPR Daftar Portal. Then, click the ‘PERMOHONAN AKAUN BARU’ and it will lead you to create an account.
You will have to submit several details including:
- Personal information
- A picture of your MyKad
- A selfie of yourself with your MyKad
After the submission, you will receive an email from SPR according to a fixed schedule.
– Application between 8.00 am-12.00 pm working hours will be processed on the same day before 5.30 pm
– Applications after 12.00 pm working hours will be processed on the next working day before 5.30 pm
– Applications on Saturday, Sunday or Public Holidays will be processed on the next working day before 5.30 pm
The email contains a TAC verification for you to activate your account.
Next, you may proceed to login in. Then, you will have to fill up more details and go through another TAC verification.
To sum up:
- Go to MySPR Daftar Portal.
- Create an account
- Receive TAC verification email to activate account
- Log in to your account
- Fill up more details
- Verify again
If you are a Malaysian citizen above 21 years old, please register for the voting soon.
You play a crucial role in the nation’s future!