The highly anticipated 20th edition of Le French Film Festival (LFFF22) is finally here for us to immerse in all things that best represent the City of Lights with their array of French activities. The festival will be held from 9 – 26 June 2022 in Kuala Lumpur, and until 17 July in the rest of Malaysia.
Organized By Alliance Française
The festival was organized by Alliance Française de Kuala Lumpur, Alliance Française de Penang, and the Embassy of France in Malaysia. The festival-goers from all walks of life will have the opportunity to bring all five of their senses on a French adventure like no other!
This year’s festival features a variety of programs that will excite cinephiles, theatre-lovers, music, and gastronomy enthusiasts thanks to the array of award-winning French films, gastronomy offerings, fun workshops, and more.
Sharing with great joy during the opening ceremony, Tengku Zatashah binti Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah, President of Alliance Française of Kuala Lumpur expressed that after two years of lockdown, the team is all geared up to bring the excitement of the French Film Festival back into Malaysians’ social calendar.
Tengku Zatashah further added:
After a two-year pandemic, we are pleased to be back once more to light up Malaysia with these festivities for all, including for the little ones with our “Le Petit Festival” – the first-ever programme which consists of six captivating and moving tales to be enjoyed. For those who prefer an evening of dining or exploring a theatrical performance, we are certain our line-ups this year will not disappoint,Tengku Zatashah binti Sultan Sharafuddin Idris Shah, President of Alliance Française of Kuala Lumpur
Current Trends And Entertainment From France To Experience
Malaysians can immerse themselves in activities encompassing performing and visual arts, music, gastronomy, and the most current trends and entertainment from France including:
- The largest Film Festival in Malaysia with 21 of the latest award-winning French films (with English subtitles), featuring the movie “Aline”, a hilarious and touching biopic on world-famous singer Céline Dion, played and directed by French stand-up comedian Valérie Lemercier
- A brand new programme most notably designed for kids with Le Petit Festival
- “Les Arts de la Table”, “Élans Radieux” and “Le Corbusier” – three exclusive exhibitions which will inspire you with their outstanding aesthetics and prime production
- Gastronomy-related workshops and events
- La Fête de la musique – a whole night of music for all tastes in the most joyful and upbeat atmosphere
- “Solstice Lunaire” – a unique multi-sensorial concert, bringing together three countries and continents: Malaysia, France and Colombia
- Electro Acoustic Latin Jazzy House Performance brought by No Black Tie – an energetic trio who will bring back to life old school jazz funk disco
On top of that, His Excellency Mr. Roland Galharague, Ambassador of France to Malaysia was also present at the opening ceremony of Le French Film Festival.
In his speech, he said:
This Festival is not only about bringing a selection of the best recent French movies to Malaysia, it is also an opportunity to share the French art-de-vivre and the passion that the French and the Malaysians have in common for gastronomy, music, theatre and art,Mr. Roland Galharague, Ambassador of France to Malaysia
Available Cities And Dates For Le French Film Festival 2022
Festival enthusiasts can look forward to Le French Film Festival 2022 at the below cities and dates across Malaysia:
- Kuala Lumpur : 9 June – 26 June
- Penang : 30 June – 10 July
- Johor Bahru : 7 July – 10 July
- Kota Kinabalu : 14 July – 17 July
Through this festival, it can help to build bridges of mutual understanding and exchange, between France and Malaysia as said by Ms. Violaine Dupic, Director of Alliance Française of Kuala Lumpur.
Ms. Violaine Dupic further stated:
Art is an invitation to travel to other horizons and an opening to the imagination. The French and French speaking culture, just like the Malaysian culture, has many facets, which make all its richness. We believe that the French Film Festival reflects this and promotes dialogue,Ms. Violaine Dupic, Director of Alliance Française of Kuala Lumpur
Come and get your tickets for the entire festival’s program at www.lefrenchfestival.com.my. If you want to enjoy any of the films from LFFF22, tickets can be purchased via the GSC app, website www.gsc.com.my or through the e-kiosks in participating GSC cinemas.