Would you like some biscuits with that tea? Yes, please!
Plan A Relaxing Hi-Tea Event With Friends
Doesn’t warm tea accompanied by delectable treats and the melody of laughter from a friend sound appealing? Relax and unwind at one of these 10 KL establishments that provide an afternoon hi tea menu.
10 Hi Tea Spots in KL To Get Your Relaxation On
1. The Lounge, Four Seasons Kuala Lumpur
The Lounge at Four Seasons Hotel serves high tea with traditional treats like macaroons and scones, as well as some unique ones with a localized twist. Four Seasons Kuala Lumpur is once again supporting the cause of breast cancer awareness with the Pink October Afternoon Tea this year. The package includes smoked chicken, egg remoulade, coronation shrimp, and pink roast beef, as well as delightful pink-themed sweets like raspberry mousse, pepper and strawberry tarte, and gateaux syrup bandung.
- Time: 2.30pm – 5.30pm
- When: From 1 October until 31 October 2022
- Address: Four Season Kuala Lumpur, 145, Jln Ampang, 50450 Kuala Lumpur
- Price: RM218 nett per person
- Four Seasons’s website | Facebook | Instagram
To know more about this hotel that serves hi tea in KL, contact them at +603-2382 8888 to make a reservation.
2. Latitude 03, Le Méridien
In an effort to raise breast cancer awareness, Latitude 03 has also curated an exquisite Afternoon Tea presenting an array of delicacies with a splash of blushing pink. Surimi Crab Maki Roll, Smoked Salmon Pinwheel, Pink Ravioli, Tuna Loin, and freshly baked Cranberry Scones are among the highlights.
- Time: 12pm – 6pm
- When: From 1 October – 30 November 2022
- Address: Level L, Le Méridien Kuala Lumpur, 2 Jalan Stesen Sentral, Kuala Lumpur Sentral, Kuala Lumpur 50470 Malaysia.
- Price: RM120 nett per person or RM220 nett for 2 persons.
- Le Méridien’s website | Facebook | Instagram
Contact them at +603-2263 7434 or email them at [email protected]
3. Lobby Lounge, Shangri-La Hotel Kuala Lumpur
Get a taste of peace and tranquillity at Shangri-La Kuala Lumpur and enjoy the quiet atmosphere the lounge radiates with its picturesque views of the water garden, peaceful vibe, soothing music, and live band entertainment.
The Shangri La Kuala Lumpur has planned a number of exciting promotions in honour of Breast Cancer Awareness Month as part of its “Power of Pink” campaign to raise money for the Breast Cancer Welfare Association Malaysia (BCWA).
Additionally, 5% of the proceeds from the hi tea will be donated to BCWA. The hotel also created a limited-edition Pink Brooch to go with the Pink Afternoon Tea for guests to take home in partnership with Bowerhaus, a well-known local fashion accessory company. Keep in mind that the Bowerhaus Pink Brooch is only available while supplies last, so seize the opportunity!
- Time: 3pm – 6pm (Daily)
- When: From 1 October until 23 October 2022
- Address: Shangri-La Hotel, 11, Jln Sultan Ismail, Kuala Lumpur, 50250 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur.
- Price: RM148 nett per person
- Shangri-La’s website | Facebook | Instagram
Contact them at +603 2074 3900 or email them at [email protected]
4. THIRTY8, Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur
It is without a doubt one of people’s favourite KL hi tea spots. Located on the 38th level of the Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur, with large floor-to-ceiling windows, a spacious layout, and plenty of natural light, you can enjoy a better view of the Petronas Twin Towers.
Currently, THIRTY8’s promotion for afternoon tea is themed Malaysian Voyage, you can enjoy a 3-tier trademark afternoon tea set and a delectable array of sweet and savoury delights ranging from mango pudding to strawberry almond tarts, pistachio éclairs, and handmade dim sum, as well as unlimited coffee and tea variants.
- Time: 7am – 11pm (Daily)
- Address: Level 38, Grand Hyatt Kuala Lumpur, 12, Jalan Pinang, Kuala Lumpur, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur.
- Price: RM188 nett for two person
- Grand Hyatt’s website | Facebook | Instagram
Contact them at +603-2203 9188 or email them at [email protected]
5. The Majestic Hotel Kuala Lumpur
If you’re looking for a relaxing and soothing evening at a hotel with some tea, the Majestic Hotel is a must-visit. Coming up first in the best hi tea in KL list, the atmosphere here is phenomenal and very relaxing. The hotel features a Colonial Café, The Drawing Room, and The Orchid Conservatory, choose which setting you feel like dining in and I promise you’ll be too charmed to leave in any of the three places. The highlight of their high tea set is their house-blend tea, which is served on a three-tier stand among appetizers, sandwiches, scones, and desserts. You can even enjoy these scrumptious treats in the comfort of your own home with a delivery of the Majestic Afternoon Tea Box.
- Time: 3pm – 6pm
- Address: The Majestic Hotel, No. 5 Jalan Sultan Hishamuddin, 50000, City Center, Kuala Lumpur
|Colonial Café||RM70++ per person|
|The Drawing Room||RM90++ per person|
|The Orchid Conservatory||RM120++ per person|
Contact them at +603-2785 8000 or email them at [email protected]
6. De.wan 1958, The Linc KL
De.Wan’s concept is to provide home-cooked meals in style for individuals or groups. Founded by the marvellous Chef Wan, the décor reflects his personality: bright, bold, and cheerful. The interior is Instagram-worthy for people to take pictures and enjoy the dining experience but the dishes are the one you should look most forward to.
The afternoon hi tea promises a grand late-afternoon spread more impressive than most lunches, spanning the length of peninsular Malaysia and includes everything from Johor laksa to nostalgic treats like pulut serunding. They bring dishes from each of Malaysia’s 12 states, incorporating the country’s vast culinary culture.
- Time: 2.30pm – 4pm on Mondays to Fridays, 3pm – 6pm on weekends and public holiday
- Address: Level 2, The Linc, 360, Jln Tun Razak, Taman U Thant, 50400 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur.
- Price: RM188++ for two pax, RM288++ for four pax
- De.wan’s website | Facebook | Instagram
Contact them at +6010-207 0383 or email them at [email protected]
7. The Lobby Lounge, The Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur
For days when you need a luxurious pick-me-up, The Ritzy Afternoon Tea does the trick. Diners can expect hot quiches, pies and other savouries baked fresh an hour before service, as well as warm scones and beautifully crafted desserts presented on beautiful china tableware, all to be enjoyed within the Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur’s timelessly sophisticated Lobby Lounge.
The Ritz Afternoon Tea is perfect for days when you want a lavish grab. In the elegantly timeless Lobby Lounge of the Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur, diners can expect fresh quiches, pies, and other savouries baked fresh an hour before service, as well as warm scones and exquisitely handcrafted desserts served on fine porcelain dinnerware. So if you’re looking for a traditional English hi tea buffet then this is the place to go.So, this is the destination to come if you’re searching for a traditional English hi tea buffet. Note that orders for the Ritzy Afternoon Tea Box must be placed at least 24 hours in advance.
- Time: 12pm – 6pm
- Address: The Ritz-Carlton Kuala Lumpur, 168, Jalan Imbi, 55100, Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur
|Champagne Afternoon Tea Package||RM300++ for two pax|
|Traditional English Afternoon Tea Package||RM160++ for two pax|
Contact them at +6018-306 3188 to book a table next weekend.
8. The Drawing Room, St Regis Kuala Lumpur
The Drawing Room is a chic space that features a 5-tier crystal chandelier hanging from the ceiling and a stunning huge horse sculpture made by renowned Colombian artist Fernando Botero. Enjoy an afternoon tea full of enchantment and beauty in a gorgeous setting modelled after the lush hills of Malaysia’s tea plantations! If you’re looking for the most elegant hi tea place in Kuala Lumpur, you must come to St. Regis.
- Time: 8am – 8pm on Sunday to Thursday, 8am – 11pm on Friday & Saturday
- Address: The St. Regis, No. 6, Jalan Stesen Sentral 2, Kuala Lumpur Sentral, 50470 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur.
- Price: RM148++ per person
- The Drawing Room’s website | Facebook | Instagram
Contact them at 03-2727 6660 or email them at [email protected]
9. Altitude, Banyan Tree Kuala Lumpur
At Banyan Tree‘s Altitude, enjoy cake and coffee while taking in the expansive views of the city skyline from its 53rd floor. You won’t be able to resist the Japanese-inspired sweets and savoury treats served during the afternoon tea, which include crab meat mayo salad, matcha scones, smoked salmon tarts, and chocolate-covered Sakura madeleines.
- Time: 3pm – 5pm
- Address: Level, 53, Banyan Tree Kuala Lumpur, Jalan Conlay, Kuala Lumpur, 50450 Kuala Lumpur, Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur
- Price: RM188 nett per person
- Banyan Tree’s website | Facebook | Instagram
Contact them at +603-2113 1823 or email them at [email protected]
10. Atmosphere 360, KL Tower
Atmosphere 360, a stunning and innovative rotating restaurant housed in the landmark KL Tower and perched 282 metres above the ground, provides a breathtaking 360-degree view of the entire cityscape of KL, take your hi tea experience to new heights as you head here for a unique dining experience from the highest restaurant in town.
- Time: 3.30pm – 5.30pm
- Address: Atmosphere 360, TH02, Menara Kuala Lumpur, 2, Jalan Puncak, 50250 Kuala Lumpur.
- Price: For adults, RM88 per person on weekdays and RM110 per person on weekends
- Atmosphere 360’s website | Facebook | Instagram
Contact them at +603-2020 2020/2121 or email them at [email protected]
What are you waiting for? Reserve a table in one of these places that offers hi tea in KL for you to enjoy with your loved ones.