As of yesterday – 3rd August 2022 – the ranking for Petroliam Nasional Bhd (PETRONAS) on the 2022 Fortune Global 500 list rose from 277 to 216!
Rising Revenue for PETRONAS
Many congratulations to PETRONAS for its rise from its spot at 277 to 216 on the Fortune Global 500 list, which ranks the world’s largest companies by revenue.
Not only is PETRONAS Malaysia’s only Fortune Global 500 ranked company, but also one of the longest-standing, spending a record total of 26 years on the list.
Currently, PETRONAS has more than 46,000 employees employed annually across the world, US$152.50 billion (approximately RM679.70 billion) total worth of assets, and US$59.90 billion (approximately RM266.80 billion) total worth of revenue – the latter marking an astounding 40.7% change since last year.
You can view the ranking now on Fortune Media IP Ltd’s website.
Other Fortune Milestones
Overall, as reported by Fortune list editor Scott DeCarlo, the rankings of PETRONAS and other global businesses are representative of the world’s rebound from the worst of the pandemic.
All companies ranked within the Fortune Global 500 list generated a total revenue worth US$37.8 trillion (approximately RM168.47 trillion). This is more than one-third of the world’s gross domestic product (GDP), its increase of 19% since last year making this statistic the 33-year-old list’s highest annual growth rate to be recorded.
Aggregate sales and profits hit record levels in fiscal year 2021 for the Fortune Global 500. … The Global 500 is the ultimate scorecard for business success and the companies face another big test navigating several global economic headwinds in 2022.Scott DeCarlo, Fortune Global 500 list editor
Below are some of the most noteworthy rankings on the list. Once again, congratulations to PETRONAS for this amazing milestone!
Top 10 Companies
- Walmart Inc. – United States of America
- Amazon.com – United States of America
- The State Grid Corporation of China – China
- China National Petroleum – China
- Sinopec Group (China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation) – China
- Saudi Aramco – Saudi Arabia
- Apple Inc. – United States of America
- Volkswagen – Germany
- China State Construction Engineering – China
- CVS Heath – United States of America
Top 3 Global Energy Companies
- Gazprom – Russia (#52)
- Fortum Oyj – Finland (#56)
- E.ON SE – Germany (#112)
Top 3 Southeast Asian Rankings
- PTT Public Company Ltd – Thailand (#177)
- PETRONAS – Malaysia (#216)
- PT Pertamina – Indonesia (#223)
More on RISE: